Thailand was my 49th country that I have visited. Although I have visited that many countries, Thialand was one of the countries, I have done things the first time in my life.
So what were those firsts in my 10 days Thailand adventure? Here they are:
- Drove in left hand side: The traffics runs on the left handside in Thailand. I have never driven a car in a traffic running on left handside. I thought it was something so hard to do. However we were so brave and we rented a car in Phuket because the distances in Phuket were so far from each other. So I drove a car which has a wheel on the right for the first time.The only hard thing was the motorbikers all around the streets. Also I confused with the signals and the windshells wiper sticks all the time. But it was so much fun!
- Got on a Tuk Tuk for the first time: Tuk Tuks are symbols of Thailand. They are smaller 3 wheel versions of taxis. I took Tuk Tuk couple of time when I was in Thailand. It was way more comfortable then I thought. With hot weather, it is fun because the wind makes you feeling better when you are on a Tuk Tuk. Dont forget to bargain with the driver before you get on a Tuk Tuk.
- Tasted Durian Fruit: I did not have a chance to try Durian last year in my singapore trip. But this time I wanted to try it for sure. Durian is a commonly consumed fruit in some Asian countries. It was notorious because of its bad smell. But people eat it fresh and make ice cream out of it, put it in cakes and etc… I tired Durian at China Town in Bangkok. It was stinky but I though it comes from the skin. So I wanted to know how the fruit part tastes. As I got one bite from the Durian, I could not swallow it. Because it stinks so bad. That was my last time to try it. I dont think I am eating it again. But you must try it to experience!
- Had Thai Massage: I like to have massages but I have never had a Thai massage before. It is way different than Swedish massage because they do not use massage oil. You wear massage pjamas and the massage therapist makes the massage with her body wight. If you like strong massage this one is just for you. I prefer soft ones in which I can fall into sleep!
- Planted Rice in a Rice Field: This was actually a very unique experience for me. I wore traditional clothes and got into a rice field which was full of muddy clay and water. I did not expect that would make me so unconfortable in the mud. Because there are lots of things in there! However it was so cool to experieence it. Thanks to Siri Panna Hotel for this amazing experience. We had so much fun!
- Spend 10 Minutes With 3 Tigers: I have never thought that I would go into a cage full of tigers in it ans tickle them. I was not that brave like other people who hugged and lied on the tigers but this was way beyond my limits. Thanks to my friend Beste for encouraging me to do this expereince!
- Feeded Elephants with Bananas: I have touched the elephants and even feeded them with bananas. I was a little nerveous. They are huge animals but they are so cute. I have seen a baby elephants which is only 8 days old!